The Operations Department of AEN is the link between the company's departments, the vessels under management, the charterers and all third parties involved with the ships, i.e. ship agents, ship-chandlers, bunkering suppliers, shippers, receivers, stevedores etc.
Our Operations team, at AEN's headquarters in
The Operations Department is primarily responsible for Operation /Management Services provided in the context of:
- Post fixture activities
- Voyage planning
- Follow up of Ships performance as per C/P agreements
- Loading/unloading and related logistical arrangements
- Communications with vessels
- Voyage reporting
- Monitoring Master General Accounts and crew payrolls
- Supervise the Disbursement Accounts
- Freight/Hire/Demurrage collection from Charterers
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of voyage operations
- Actively engaging with the Emergency Response Team, as needed
- Obtaining direct feedback from charterers, so as to improve the quality of service
- Follow up on all Class and Flag state matters
Our operations officers go well beyond managing standard operating procedures. Our Operations Department is structured so as to:
- Provide continual process-improvement recommendations to the company's HSQE Department
- Work closely with the Technical Department and the General Manager, with a view to providing comprehensive services to charterers, while maximising profitability
- Resolve disputes and incidents effectively
- Work in cooperation with a select team of S&P Brokers, who monitor the developments within the market. They secure exclusive first-hand information on the market value of vessels and their availability, all of which are based on our capabilities and our long history of Bulk Carriers. S&P concludes a substantial number of second-hand and resale contracts of Bulk Carriers.
Our unique cooperative culture enables seamless service delivery, while positioning our fleet for sustainably profitable operations throughout its lifecycle.